THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

Fan Fiction - 9th November, 2002
Updater on Duty: TSG
In TSG's PC: Icewind Dale 2
In TSG's PS2: Summoner 2


TSG sez: Welcome back to Fanficland.

I love England. I really do.

It's November. The start of November traditionally causes problems in this house: the first year I lived here, we hosed a pair of trick-or-treaters that came back to our house 4 times to get more candy, and the next day we got high-grade slingshot pellets through our windows. The second year, we had a burglar enter the house. (To our great luck, however, he instantly and unerringly went to my bedroom and woke me up by shining a torch in my face.) So, I was understandably nervous about this year. I bought plenty of candy, I resigned myself to guard duty while the housemates went out... and nothing happened.

Oh well.

The real reason I love England and the reason November causes problems, however, is this: Nov 5th was Bonfire Night, Guy Fawkes' Day.

It's a problem for us because the next door neighbours have loud dogs which they mistreat and leave to bark. I get quite upset at this as it is, but when fireworks are also going off through the night, not many people get much sleep. Poor doggies.

The reason I love England is this: long before Sep. 11th, long before all this tension in the world, the England took an evening out every year to celebrate someone attempting to blow up the government. Not to note that it happened: to celebrate it. With, of all things, pretty explosions. And that I dearly love, that casual cynicism for government, that rather happy-go-lucky attitude. I find Guy Fawkes' Night very special for that.

Notes from Fanfic Land

Kingdom Hearts fics are, as shown below, fair game. Suikoden 3 and Wild ARMS 3 fics can now also get reviews, though it'd be at least a couple of weeks before they'd get put up.

We're working on getting the checklist back up and a voting system back in place. Until then, fics may be pushed ahead or back in the line so that we don't accidentally reject ones that shouldn't be rejected.



TSG
Alan "Have at thee, vile housemate! Kyaaaaa!" Knight

Fanfic Pages
GUIDELINES
Archives
Old Updates
Writing Tips
Submit Story
Feedback


Resources
RPGFFML
Grammar
C&C


Status
Getting there.

Fan Fiction Staff

TSG
Caffeinated Englishman

Roger Ostrander
Nerdy Guy in the Corner

Matt Scipione
Prolific Empowerer of the Archaic Course
Ferryman of the Ethereal Weave


Niki Dinner
Priestess of Everything Dew

Uncle Pervy
He Wants To Be An Air Pirate

Alanna
Lady of Temporal Termination
Cranky Sysadmin


Nezumi
Technical Assistant and Nifty Person

New Fan Fiction - November 9th, 2002
There's an awfully high 'aww!' quotient this week, with a delightfully WAFF-y collection of fics for you all. Call it a recovery from Halloween.
Evolution of Innocence
By: Quinctia
(janet@quinctia.com)
(Final Fantasy 7) Yes. I know. I know. I know what I've said about Aeris ressurrection fics. I really do. But there was no way I could help myself. A fic 2 years in the making, and the most original and well-written Aeris ressurrection I've ever seen, I take back everything I have said and tell you all to read it. Just this once.
Virtues and
Unbride of Ratayu
By: Mintbaby
(mintbaby1@yahoo.com)
(Legend of Legaia) A delightful pair of fics from Mintbaby focusing on one particular Legend of Legaia pairing that it's a safe bet everyone managed to overlook. As splendidly-written as you'd expect from one of the site's most prolific current regulars.
I Am The Walrus
By: Al Kristopher
(Adhvanit21@aol.com)
(Xenogears) Goo goo ga joob indeed: a thrilling tale of Men Of The Sea from Al Kristopher for all you budding dolphin marineers named Franz out there. Definitely worth a look if only for the many buckles that are swashed.
Beautiful and
Promise
By: Th' Lady Shadow
(sheolshadow@hotmail.com)
(Kingdom Hearts) Fast becoming a regular, Th' Lady Shadow returns once more with a pair of incredibly sweet little Kingdom Hearts vignettes. Do bear in mind there are spoilers here; if you haven't completed the game, don't read if you don't want to get spoiled. If you have completed the game, read away!