THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

Fan Fiction
Updater on Duty: TSG
In TSG's Head: .oO( Hank, why bother casting Sap on a slime? )
Also in TSG's Head: .oO( Why must people in the university jab power buttons on NT machines repeatedly? Why? )
In TSG's PS2: Dragon Warrior 7. Slimes are cyooot.


Apologies for the slight lateness of the update - email woes mean no fics for TSG. Baby GBA cries.

Hey, all, and welcome to the fanfiction for this week. There's very little to report this week, really, with one exception: looking down the list of editors to the right, you'll notice a new face down there. Say hello to Niki Dinner, folks, the fresh meat new reviewer.

So, without further ado, here's over to her.

"Hey! Let's intro the new girl...BROADWAY STYLE!"

...Uh? Maybe not. Oh. Okay.

Anyway, greetings! My name is Niki Dinner, and I'm new here at RPGamer. Let me say it's great to be here, and I can't wait to read your yummy, yummy fanfiction. To get the silly quick stats out of the way, I'm twenty two years old, go to college, and write fanfiction myself. I'm addicted to caffiene like most college students, and I'm still a very avid player of RPGs. I also like long walks on the beach, bubble ba---er, nevermind!

Okay, now that the boring stuff is out of the way...I'm pretty open to what kinds of fanfics I like, and I've read all kinds. Although you know what I've been craving for lately? A fanfic on a game that rarely gets a fanfic. Something new and innvovative because the game is rarely touched! Lord knows how much I crave a good Lufia fic. Happy Sinistral action! Or perhaps Grandia 2! Think of the angsty possiblities! Or maybe the Wild Arms series? Don't you feel warm and fuzzy thinking of Wild Arms? Point is, I like all fanfics, and I'm sure you've all heard the spiel of this before, but hey, variety is the spice of life! ...And hearing about Aeris for the billionth time lacks a bit on the variety scale...usually.

Anyway, it's good to be here, and I hope to serve your fanfiction needs!


Well, there you go. Meanwhile, this week's links, while not so fanfiction based, are definitely to do with RPGs. First off is Fire's sprites site. If you want any SNES sprites, particularly Lise from SD3 (over 1000!), go there. Second up is something so comprehensive it could technically be called a piece of fanfic for the games - Bahamut has created RPG mechanics incorporating every FF game and would like your comments. Go there, and marvel.

Notes From Fanfic Land

All the correct updates to fics and email addresses that people sent in should now be sorted - have a check, and if yours isn't, then the email got lost in the transition. Just mail me again, and I'll sort it out.

Writing Tip of the Week

TSG: Just a quick one for all Word users - if you've written a fic in Word and you're debating whether to save as html or save as text, save it as text. Word HTML is notoriously bloated and over-complex, and text will be a lot easier for us all to convert. Thanks.



TSG
The Steel "Bork bork bork!" Gunner

Fanfic Pages
GUIDELINES
Archives
Old Updates
Writing Tips
Submit Story
Feedback


Resources
RPGFFML
Grammar
C&C


Status
11 in Accept
11 in the Inbox


Fan Fiction Staff

TSG
Caffeinated Englishman

Alanna
Lady of Temporal Termination
Cranky Sysadmin


Roger Ostrander
Nerdy Guy in the Corner

Matt Scipione
Prolific Empowerer of the Archaic Course
Ferryman of the Ethereal Weave


Niki Dinner
Priestess of Everything Dew

Nezumi
Technical Assistant and Nifty Person

New Fan Fiction - November 9th, 2001
Please try to ignore the high-pitched giggling and the figure zipping back and forth in the background. We're trying to administer sedatives, really. She's just slippery to catch.
150G
By: Ersatz Sobriquet
(calm_chaos@hotmail.com)
(Final Fantasy 1) Pah, who needs a Fighter when you have all these other heroes ready to go on an adventure? And just what is a thou, anyway? FF1 fiction from Ersatz, master of pressing A 99 times to buy those dratted potions.
Memory of Running
By: Mana Priestess
(Mana_priestess@yahoo.com)
(Legend of Mana) One author takes a look into Pearl's rather jumbled and confused mind in the snowlands of Legend of Mana, together with her thoughts of her alter-ego. Short, but nice and sweet too. Enjoy.
A Hero's Soul
By: Andy Simpson
(andrew@geol.ucsb.edu)
(Final Fantasy Tactics) Follow the path of a certain reincarnated - or, depending on how you look at it, released - character from FFT after the events of the game.
Windows of the Soul
By: Alison Plath
(relm@midsouth.rr.com)
(Saga Frontier) How did Blue cope with the 'death' of Rouge? Did he really 'kill' his brother... or did he set him free? Alison gives us her answer in this fic, as we are taken through the brothers' thoughts.
If I Had Known
By: Lassarina Aoibhell
(lassarina_angharad_aoibhell@hotmail.com)
(Legend of Dragoon) More LoD pre-game fanfiction, as Rose introspectively looks back on all that has happened in her lifetime, shortly before the final battle of the current Dragon Campaign, and asks whether she would have still joined had she known what would happen.