THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

Fan Fiction
Updater on Duty: Alanna
In Alanna's Head: Y'hay shlomo rabbo min sh'mayo, v'chayim alaynu v'al kol Yisroel; v'imru Omein.
In Alanna's PS2: Gauntlet: Dark Legends


There isn't much that I can say here. I live thirty miles from the site of Tuesday's disaster. My company has a site eight blocks from the former Twin Towers. I, personally, am not missing anyone in the wreckage, but friends of mine are: a friend's brother-in-law, another friend's old college friend, too many uncles and cousins and brothers and sisters to name or to count. I don't know names, but there are too many of them.

I would like to dedicate this update to those New Yorkers who are down in the financial district even as we speak, attempting to find word of their collegues and friends and loved ones. It is dedicated to the heroic men and women who didn't stop to think, didn't stop to consider whether or not they would be safe, just answered the call and ran into the line of danger to attempt to save someone else's life. It is dedicated to all of the empty chairs at empty tables in kitchens and dining rooms across the east coast and across the nation, where someone will not be coming home again.

To all of our readers who have been personally touched by this disaster, we here at the fan fiction department would like to extend our condolences, and the hope that -- if you are waiting to hear news -- the news comes quickly, and is good news.

Notes From Fanfic Land

The fan fiction section will return to normal work soon. For the time being, I am using this update to feature work from our archives, choosing five stories that I hope will bring a smile to your face. We all need it.



Alanna
Alanna

Fanfic Pages
GUIDELINES
Archives
Old Updates
Writing Tips
Submit Story
Feedback


Resources
RPGFFML
Grammar
C&C


Status
12 in Accept
21 in the Inbox


Fan Fiction Staff

Alanna
Lady of Temporal Termination
The Wench In Charge


Roger Ostrander
Nerdy Guy in the Corner

Matt Scipione
Prolific Empowerer of the Archaic Course
Ferryman of the Ethereal Weave


Lisa Neff
Classic Otaku Schoolgirl

TSG
Caffeinated Englishman

Nezumi
Technical Assistant and Nifty Person

Fan Fiction - September 15, 2001
The reruns will continue until morale improves.
Legacy of the Harvest Moon
By: Sean Swanwick and Benjamin Davis
(yawgomoth@aol.com, bdavis1@umbc.edu)
(crossover) First published at RPGamer on 6/25/01, this is a crossover between Legacy of Kain and Harvest Moon, and is one of the funniest stories I've ever read.
One Heal, Please
By: Dan Simpson
(manymoose@hotmail.com)
(Final Fantasy 1) First published at RPGamer on 4/14/00, this is a quick vignette that attempts to answer the question: just why does the item store only sell you one item at a time?
Dimension Dementia
By: Margaret Rennie
(mrennie@twcny.rr.com)
(Final Fantasy VI) First published at RPGamer on 12/24/00, this story attempts to address the reactions of the FF6 characters upon finding themselves in the Playstation remake -- with a few important differences.
Gilgamesh's Quest
By: Shinusagi
(shinusagi@yahoo.com)
(Final Fantasy V) First published at RPGamer on 9/25/00, this story is a day in the life of Gilgamesh -- sadly, a typical day.
'Ow 'Bout 'Ome Cribbage?
By: Ethan Quinn
(moogle_child@hotmail.com)
(Quest for Glory 1) First published at RPGamer on 3/9/00, this is a look at one of the more ... unique characters from the game: 'Enry the 'Ermit.