THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

Fan Fiction
Updater on Duty: Alanna
In Alanna's Head: The beatings will continue until morale improves


Okay, the excuse for not updating this time involves hospitalization (mine), road trips (also mine), Otakon (quite nifty), and server problems (mine and RPGamer's). Yes, I'm fine now, but my word, that whole deal just kinda sucked. And the less said about that, the better.

So ... let's see. Otakon was quite nifty, and I got the chance to meet Raincrystal, of Editorials fame, which was also quite nifty. There were way too many people there, but what can you do? When you get such a big con, some things suffer and other things get even more interesting. One of the high points was wandering around and looking at all the cosplayers; I'd cosplay if I wouldn't look like a big dork. One of the other highlights was watching someone dressed as Vash the Stampede from Trigun play Dance Dance Revolution, earning him the nickname of Dance the Stampede. I like watching DDR, but damn, I can't play it worth a damn.

I don't really have much to say, really. I've been in a bit of slump for most of this year, for a lot of reasons. I'm sorry about the update gaps; I am trying.

Notes From Fanfic Land

To everyone who's been following the guidelines: thank you! It's wonderful to look at my inbox and realize that over half the submissions are in formats we can use. Now all we have to do is start stepping viciously on all the M$ Word alleged HTML, and we'll be fine. :)

We should be current with having posted everything we've accepted up until early July, and having replied to everything that we received before late July. If you submitted before late July and haven't heard back from us yet, or submitted before early July, received an acceptance letter from us, and your fic has not yet been posted, please do let me know. Sadly, my disorganization is not just with not having done updates; it's also with email and communication. I'm just a mess these days.

Writing Tip of the Week

From Paul Beaudoin (freak_boy71@hotmail.com): Be constructive with criticism. Replies such as "Your fic was great!" or "Your fic was terrible." are of little help. Even just pointing out scenes you liked or disliked can prove to be constructive, as writers will know what worked and what didn't. By being a little more constructive with your replies, the writers will get better, the fanfics will get better, and you'll have more fun reading them. It's a win-win-win situation for all of us.



Alanna
Alanna "If I ask nicely, will the universe stop playing with me?" @rpgamer.com

Fanfic Pages
GUIDELINES
Archives
Old Updates
Writing Tips
Submit Story
Feedback


Resources
RPGFFML
Grammar
C&C


Status
17 in Accept
12 in the Inbox


Fan Fiction Staff

Alanna
Lady of Temporal Termination
The Wench In Charge


Roger Ostrander
Nerdy Guy in the Corner

Matt Scipione
Prolific Empowerer of the Archaic Course
Ferryman of the Ethereal Weave


Lisa Neff
Classic Otaku Schoolgirl

TSG
Caffeinated Englishman

Nezumi
Technical Assistant and Nifty Person

New Fan Fiction - August 16, 2001
Spin the wheel and see where the ball falls. Or just read some fanfic.
Instant
By: Amethyst Gold
(phoenix-rider@usa.net)
(Seiken Densetsu 3) A poem about the moment in which Lise begins to feel again, and what Hawk has to do with it.
1900
By: Cloud
(azstrife@hotmail.com)
(Final Fantasy 8) A short and believable story about Irvine, Selphie, and Zell, with a nice side helping of what it means when you're a SeeD.
In Her Eyes
By: Ismail Saeed
(isaeed@erols.com)
(Legend of Zelda) Ismail expands on the first meeting between Link and Zelda, making it two real people meeting instead of just pixels on a screen.
...And Then There Were Five
By: Mark Buchholz
(buchholm@purdue.edu)
(Final Fantasy 8) What's the worst thing that could happen to Squall after the game? Perhaps losing the stability that he'd found.
Before the Crown
By: Andy Simpson
(andrew@geol.ucsb.edu)
(Final Fantasy 6) Andy gives us a highly original story about some things that happen before the game. This story has one of the best endings I've seen in a while.