THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

Fan Fiction - June 30th, 2004
Updater on Duty: ketsugi
Can you make a balloon pop through the mark of a leaf?


Today's update is an interesting one... it includes one of the shortest fics I've read, as well as one of the longest. Again we have fics that run the gamut of games: Final Fantasy VII, .hack, Suikoden III, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 2. It's nice to see so many Valkyrie Profile fanfics coming in recently, even if they're mostly by the same person. VP is easily one of the most enjoyable games I've played on my Playstation; you should try and grab a copy and play it if you haven't already. It might be hard to get, though... it's pretty rare nowadays.

Again I'm left with a huge chunk of space to fill up, and again I must say this (with bold for effect): We do not accept any file formats other than PLAIN TEXT and HTML. Even after my last update we still received Word file submissions... remember that we will delete such submissions without reading them.

I've been wondering about the lack of fanfics for Final Fantasy XI so far... I'm pretty surprised that such a freeform RPG hasn't generated lots of fanfics yet... perhaps the playerbase is too small? I'm really looking forward to reading some good fics and if you look at the checklist status on the right, you'll see that our pool of fics is dwindling. This is pretty sad, but what can I do? Other than write more fics of my own, of course, but that wouldn't really help, and in any case I'm too busy leveling my Elvaan White Mage to get any writing done.


mrip
Joel Pan

Fanfic Pages
GUIDELINES
Archives
Old Updates
Writing Tips
Submit Story
Feedback

Resources
RPGFFML
Grammar
C&C

Status
0 in Accept
6 in Pending

Fan Fiction Staff
Alan Knight
Caffeinated Englishman

Joel Pan
Fic Devourer

John Zeitler
The Stuffy In The Corner

Michael Amirault
The Cynical Optimist

Niki Dinner
Priestess of Everything Dew

New Fan Fiction - June 30th, 2004
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. (Phl 2:3)
.hack//Relapse
By: Karlinn
(RCalhoun35@aol.com)
(.hack Series) This lengthy sequel to .hack//Heist is a gripping read from start to finish. You're advised to read Heist if you haven't already, but don't worry; it's not necessary to enjoy or appreciate this great story.
Not Alone
By: Celeste Zamarelli
(zamarell@uiuc.edu)
(Suikoden III) Boris yearns for Chris to notice him, but she seems to be out of his league. Will his love ever be requited? Ask a stupid question, read this fic, get a lovely answer.
Silly Things
By: Wallwalker
(wall_fanatic@hotmail.com)
(Star Ocean 2) This fic examines Leon's confusion as a kid who tried too hard to be an adult, placed amongst adults who are far too much like kids.
The Balance
By: Wallwalker
(wall_fanatic@hotmail.com)
(Valkyrie Profile) I'd love to say so much about this story, but you really have to read it for yourself. All I can say is that it's about Lawfer, and... go read it for yourself. ;)
Under A Blue Sky
By: Amy Purcell
(Damphyr@gmail.com)
(Final Fantasy VII) The shortest fic in this update, it gives a clue as to why Elena joined the Turks, and explains the youthful enthusiasm she shows through so much of the game.