Harmonies
Eagleheart  

Chapters

Author's Note
Prologue

1. Overture
2. Rubato
3. Scherzo
4. Vivace et Affettuoso
5. D.S. al Coda
6. Dolente
7. Harmony and Dissonance
8. Impetuoso
9. Morendo



Author’s Notes

Okay. I hate to start this off so abruptly, but there are a few little things I have to clear up. Variations and Harmonies were never meant to be understood as journals, despite the damned little blurbs at their beginnings. I hate those little blurbs. I wrote them way, way back, before my perception of both of these stories had changed, and I really ought to get rid of them. Despite all evidence to the contrary (even the blatant, explicit evidence you are about to encounter, reading the prologue of this particular piece), I have never intended Reno and Rosalind to read each other’s journals. Nuh uh (uh, Tak. See? Uh. Just for you.) Sorry.

But, ehh. That’s my bad, as a writer. You see, as a writer, I am grounded in realism. I simply couldn’t have the pair of them launching into random accounts of the events they went through, the torrent of emotions, the revelations about themselves, blah blah blah. Nope. Couldn’t do that. Had to turn these into something “tangible” even though that’s not what I meant these pieces to be in the first place. If that makes any sense. So…maybe just disregard the prologue, as it isn’t necessary, except as a jumping off point for me.

To summarize that rather long-winded account: Variations and Harmonies are not journals. Reno has never read Variations, Rosalind will never read Harmonies. Neither piece exists within the story, even though it kinda says so. I suppose I thought they would, at the outset, but things changed. Got a little too “into” this one, I guess. And the thought of Rosalind reading this over would be just too weird. If you’re still having trouble with this, email me at kittycat5672001@yahoo.ca and I’ll draw you a nice, pretty picture full of recursion and plotholes and other lovely things, that will either straighten things out, or make you more confused.

Anyway, other than that, I must also include thanks to a few people.

- To shetan83, for her interest. He is better than AC Reno, isn’t he?

- To Jebbie, for her continued support and tolerance of my rather lewd comments about my Turks. And because of Blessed Andrew, patron saint of Scotland, hookers, and cross-dressing. Among other wholesome things.

- To Crystal Zeal, for liking Variations so much. The 2080th paragraph (whoo, that’s a lotta paragraphs), dear. Hope that’s okay ^_^

- To Tak, for everything. Yeah, everything. Because I’m just subtle like that. You figure it out. Domo arigato, Mr. Rubato.