Whispers of the Heart
Dragon Girl
dragonlover58@hotmail.com

 

It has been too long. Far too long. Too long since I have seen the sky. Too long since I have seen her.

Too long since I have seen any of them.

The boy sighed into the darkness around him. “What's the point anyway?” he whispered to himself. “It's not like I'll ever get out of here.” The boy peered gloomily down at his hands with his deep green eyes. “I brought this upon myself anyway, I deserve it.”

“Aww, cheer up!” said another voice from the darkness. “We'll get out of here sometime.”

“What's the point?” grumbled the boy. “You may have your kingdom to live for after this, and you even have a keyblade. But what do I have? Nothing.” The boy looked down at the ground gloomily, his white hair falling down his face.

Unperturbed, the keeper of the cheery voice walked over to the boy and sat down next to him. The little light that was in their prison glinted off of the golden keyblade in the keeper's hand.

“You're kidding yourself, you know,” the keyblade holder replied. “You have hundreds of worlds out there waiting for you. Not to mention all of your friends.”

The boy shook his head. “Friends? I don't know how much he's willing to forgive. And I don't know what has happened to her.

“You're too hard on yourself. They'll both understand. They won't, though, if you just give up here.” The keyblade keeper reached down and pulled back the hair from the boy's face. “Try to keep some cheer in this place, okay?”

The boy looked up at him and smiled. “Only if you find a way out of here with that blade of yours first.”

The keyblade keeper merely grinned. “Deal.”