Final Fantasy VIII

The Workings of a 'Happily Ever After'

by mintbaby
Email: mint@mintfield.org
Website: The Mintfield

Author's Note: Because I love the characters Sally Regal and Zell Dincht so much, I knew that I was going to do my best to follow their life's adventure throughout a great portion of their lives. Now whether that means I'll follow it to their later life, I have no idea. But when I finished Life's Lessons on Stress, I knew that this 4th installment was waiting in the wings (In fact, I had the title before I finished installment three).

Why? Life and its adventure doesn't stop when someone proposes. It doesn't even stop when a person says 'I do.' Each adventure is different, constantly urging a person to grow and build character. The thought of writing Zell and Sally's engagement, wedding, and consequently their newlywed life was just too much of a thrill and an adventure for me as a writer to pass up. So, I hope you love this fourth installment as much as I've loved writing it.

The characters within this story and the world they live in are the property of SQUARE-Enix®. They are used without permission (though I would love to have permission) and not to be seen as my property. The characters of Marshal Beita, Mr. Kelley, and the radicals are my own creations. They are not to be used without permission.


1) Assignments
2) Requests
3) Orders
4) Forces
5) Misplaced Blame
6) Firsts of Fancy
7) Thrill Seekers
8) Remembering
9) Receptions
10) The Closer Beginning
11) Rehearsals of Living
12) Happily Ever After