Asa's notes- *spoilers*

Disclaimer de jour: The characters and events in this story were not created by me. They are the property of Squaresoft. No infringement intended.

I have not found any discrepancies between the game's canon and what I have written. However, there are a few things in the story that I would like to explain.

I based the structure of the Guardian on the Renault FT 17, a French tank from the early 1900's... very loosely. I found the diagram for this tank in a book entitled Look Inside Cross-Sections: Tanks by Richard Chasemore and Ian Harvey, available from DK Publishers, NY. I didn't base the Prometheus on anything, as it is structurally unique and didn't require as much in-depth description as the Guardian did. Also, while I realize that the Guardian is bigger than an industrial crane and would weigh more than 38 tons if one were built in reality, I'm operating under the assumption that much lighter variations of metals are available in the world of FF (like polylueridia). You wouldn't believe how much information you can find in children's books :)

Ghosts can make themselves tangible and visible, or they would not have been able to attack your party, and you would not have been able to attack them back. However, someone who is already dead cannot be killed, so I worked on the assumption that if a ghost is mortally wounded, they're sent back to the waiting station of the Phantom Train. The only exception to this is if they're eaten by Wrexsoul; then they're gone for good.

I've differentiated between the ruins of Vector and the ruins of the Tower, and while I did mention how this happened briefly, I thought I'd put a more detailed explanation in the notes. Here is what happened: When Kefka's tower collapsed, some of the lower levels- mostly composed of the Vector prisons and bunks- broke apart from the rest of the ruins. Travelers feel "safer" in the familiar ruins of Vector, but most dare not explore the twisted tower ruins they bleed into. Therefore, they're spoken of separately.

"People used to spread some randy rumors about me and Branford. And while some of them were so ingenious that I was tempted to change the names, write them down, and publish them as erotica under a pseudonym, I actually found the idea kind of gross."

I want to clarify that this was not intended to slam T/K fan fiction. It seemed like something Kefka would say in response to typical locker room gossip. Also, I was trying to establish the view that most of the story is based on; that while he once saw her as a child and later as a tool, Kefka never saw Terra as an equal.

Thank you for putting up with the ramblings of a legendary psychopath... and for reading the story, too ;)

Closing sound bite: "Crud! What a mess."