Shortly after the release of Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Obsidian Entertainment have announced Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition for PC, Mac, and Linux. The Definitive Edition will be available digitally from November 15, 2017, priced at $39.99, and include the following:
- Pillars of Eternity base game
- The White March, Part I expansion
- The White March, Part II expansion
- All bonus content originally sold with Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition, which includes the original soundtrack, a digital collector's book, an original novella, etc.
- The new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Pillars of Eternity was originally released for PC, Mac, and Linux in March 2015 before coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in August 2017. Those looking to read more about the game can check out Scott Wachter's review of the PC release.