author's notes: this is a poem about Miang and Ramsus of Xenogears... it doesn't really contain any blatant spoilers, but it does make reference to a few things that happen close to the end of Disc 2... so... if you want to be absolutely sure you aren't exposed to any spoilers, wait until you've gotten past the story sequence "Ramsus's Past" before reading this. Email me at AzusaEris@aol.com or erica.drescher@gte.net "Obsession" by Azusa Kuraino Why do you glare at me so, Boy, with those eyes like brittle diamonds? Do you think you can defy my gift? For me, alone, you would drag yourself bare through fields of knives and jagged steel if I dangled an alm of kindness. Do you think the world will rush to gather up the pretty face of the man-child twice wounded? There will be no other for you, not ever, not if you traveled a thousand years on the crying sea. No hand but mine shall caress your alabaster flesh, none but I shall sate you with tiny drops of kindness, and your power and glory shall be mine forever and ever. You may cut me down with that feeble sword of yours, but you will never be free of me. I am the one who will lead you into bright darkness. You shall clasp these words of mine tight to your heart, held dear like a lover's roses, until the thorns drip red with blood.