THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL
V'lanna
 

( [an error occurred while processing this directive]
FGN
)
RPGamer [ Games ] [ News ] [ New Media ] [ Interaction ] [ Feedback ] [ Links ]

( [an error occurred while processing this directive]
FGN
)
RPGamer [ Games ] [ News ] [ New Media ] [ Interaction ] [ Feedback ] [ Links ]

Broken Mirror

Cirrus_Strife@yahoo.com
By: Jeff Herrold

WARNING!!! If you have not beaten Xenogears yet, or at least made it to the end of the second disc, turn back now! This short story contains many spoilers about the events of the end of the game. Yes, that's right. The END of the game, after defeating the last bosses and things. So, if you don't want this to spoil your enjoyment of Xenogears as a whole, STOP READING. Click back right now! Don't say I didn't warn you . . .

BTW, The title, Broken Mirror, is named after the song at the end of Xenogears when the credits scroll by. Now, I don't know FOR SURE that the song's title is Broken Mirror, but it's in the chorus and I'm using it. Tough.




I stand there, gazing out into the heavens, the millions of stars before me. Toward the flashing light that was the doorway toward the Higher Existence, and below toward the blue planet that had been my home. I stood on a craggy, cold piece of rock that I had chosen for our final confrontation. Fitting, wasn't it, that I would finally face my enemy here, with my one true love here to witness it? Looking out into the light before me, I can hear God calling. What a fool I was to believe that that weak weapon was God. Deus wasn't God, but he called him. With Deus's help I was able to show God that I was worthy to follow him, to be his Savior.

Soon, I reply in my head, soon I shall walk with you, the only one who cares about me.

Hearing a voice stirring