andrewk@square.net | -Home Page Under Construction- "I would give my life to find it "I would give it all "Catch me if I fall." --Mike Mills, R.E.M., "Texarkana" -----Original Message----- From: The Milnes [mailto:bmilne@agt.net] Sent: Friday, February 20, 1998 9:43 PM To: andrewk Subject: A fanfic: Frog vs. Magus... Hello. I just wanted to submit my version of the battle between Frog and Magus in 12000 B.C. My name is Jared Milne, and the tale begins here: Frog vs. Magus: The Final Battle By Jared Milne Frog, Marle and Robo stood absorbing the news in shock. Magus had just revealed that he was Janus, son of Queen Zeal! As Magus stood there, continuing: "At this rate, you will all meet a hideous demise, just like that poor fool, Crono!" Snarling in anger, Frog drew his sword. The massive blade gleamed in the starlight, the moonlight shining on its beautifully crafted blade. "You dare to insult him?" the knight demanded. "Heās history! Play with fire and you get burned." "Magus! HOLD THY TONGUE!" Furious with rage, Frog began advancing on Magus. Magus smirked, drawing his scythe, confident that he could take all three on at once. Then, Frog made a move that caught even the Black Mage by surprise. "Stand back and leave this to me." Frogās voice was deathly calm, but with a chill edge to it that froze even Magusās dark soul. The black wind whispered a message to Magus, but the mage did not hear it. He was confident that he could kill this slimy mudskipper in 30 seconds at the most. "I never imagined weād settle our score in this dusty old era. Come!" The battle began. Summoning his magical skills, lightning flashed from Magusās fingers, striking Frog hard. The valiant knight stubbornly refused to fall. Magus looked on in slight shock. The magic would have been enough to fell a titan, yet this vermin was still standing! Growling, Magus sent fire, ice and thunder flashing at Frog. The swordsman absorbed the blows, and then fell, gasping. Magus drew his scythe, certain that he could finish off this fool without any further problems. A rapid chant ended those hopes. Frog had healed himself, and began another chant. This one created a massive water bubble, flying at Magus. Shocked that the frog had learned the Art, Magus chanted rapidly. A burst of flame stopped the bubble, causing it to explode in a cloud of steam. It was then that Magus realized what he had done. Frog leapt through the mist, sword swinging as easily as if it was an extension of his own arm. Eight times the blade struck, until Magus was the one gasping on the ground. He jumped at Frog, and scored a nasty blow with his scythe. But Frog was not to be denied. He parried the next blow, and disarmed the mage. The scythe fell into the azure waters far below. Magus tried another spell. His magical fireball would have charred even the GolemBoss to a cinder. However, Frog was not there. He had leapt into the air, inhumanly high! He then brought the blade down into Magusās chest, HARD. Coughing up blood, the defeated mage sprawled into the sand. Frog sheathed the blade, muttering to himself. "Cyrus, I hath avenged thee." he said silently to himself. Somehow, he knew that he had avenged two deaths that night. "Defeat me, and you will break the curse on Frog. If you wish to bring Crono back, find Gaspar, the Guru of Time·" and with those last words, the murderer of Cyrus fell dead, never to harm another soul again.