Introduction

Hi guys! This is ACTUALLY my second attempt at writing a fic, the first isn't finished yet :-). Anyway, did you ever notice that if you look at the swords on the wall at the Lindbulm Weapons Shop in the Business District, Zidane says something to the affect of, "I once knew a spikey-headed guy who used swords like these"? Three guesses who that was. Yep, must've been Cloud he was talking about. This is the story of the meeting between Cloud and Zidane and how and why it happened.

I'm surprised that more people haven't actually written a fic about Zidane. What? Nobody likes that monkey-tailed thief? Why? Because he grabbed Dagger's behind? (In my humble opinion, I think that princess stepped on his puss or something if she thought it was on purpose. Princesses do have to deal with grabby servants after all. How else do you keep a big old palace clean if you don't have a few maids/servants? Besides, he's hanging on the ladder in the next scene, then after he jumps up, he apologizes, so something happened in between that we didn't see.) Or is it because he sometimes has trouble knowing when to give up? I know some people wanna hit him or worse, but c'mon, he ain't that bad...there are worse charas ya know.

I'm calling the FF7 world "Vida" here. That's a Spanish word that means "Life" which I thought went just fine with FF7. I did explain it somewhat in fic by using the in-game name once (you know, "The Planet") and having Vida be the less common name. Don't worry about it. Don't bug me about it either. I just thought that sounded better here(after all, all worlds are planets, right?).

As for the timeframe on this: it takes place six years before FF9 starts and two years after FF7.

Enough! Lemme read the story!